With marinara sauce, ground turkey and mozzarella cheese, these healthy zucchini boats offer cheesy comfort without the guilt!
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut each zucchini in half horizontally, then carefully scoop out the center of the zucchini, reserving for another use, leaving about 1/2-inch of zucchini on the skin.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey, oregano, basil, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks; drain excess fat. Stir in marinara sauce until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey mixture to each zucchini and sprinkle with mozzarella. Place into oven and bake until the zucchini is tender and the cheese has melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.