Remember those tasty little cakes when you were a kid? This terrific recipe will open the floodgates of memories as these delicious treats melt in your mouth!
1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxes chocolate cake mix
3 eggs ( or as called for by your cake mix)
1/3 cup oil ( or as called for by your cake mix)
1 1/3 cups water ( or as called for by your cake mix)
1 (16 ounce) cans dark chocolate icing
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon water
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Prepare cake as directed on package for two round pans.
2. When cool, “slice” through cakes to make 4 “thin” cakes.
3. Beat sugar, shortening, vanilla, milk, salt and water for 7 minutes.
4. Add powdered sugar and beat for 5 minutes longer.
5. Lay one layer of cake on plate.
6. Spread Cream filling on top only, do not go all the way to the edge.
7. Lay another layer of cake on this.
8. Spread cream filling on this too.
9. Again layer and filling until you have all four layers on here.
10. Ice the whole cake with the chocolate icing.