Rice Krispies treats will always be a classic (and a hit with both kids and adults), but there are a few twists you can do to make the treat even more delicious!
Today, YouTube baker and LittleThings friend Tammy — aka YoYoMax12 — is whipping up Layered Peeps Crispy Rice Krispies Treats. These beautifully layered bars pop with pastel color and make the perfect springtime treat that will cure every sweet tooth craving. (If you need more dessert ideas, check out her recipes for Peanut Butter Cup Bark and Rainbow Meringue Cookies.)
When you’ve finished making these treats, you’ll discover an added surprise when you cut into them: beautiful, colorful layers. What could be a better way to get festive for Easter?
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine (divided by 4)
- 40 Marshmallow Peeps (divided by 4/different colors)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal (divided by 4)
- Prepare an 8–9″ loaf pan by lining with foil and spraying lightly with cooking spray.
- Divide the Peeps by the same color — 10 pink, 10 yellow, etc.
- In a medium-sized microwave dish with high sides, microwave the 10 Peeps and 1 tablespoon of butter on high for 45 seconds.
- Stir butter and Peeps together until fully melted and incorporated.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cereal until fully coated. Press firmly into the loaf pan.
- Repeat steps 3–5 with the other Peeps colors.
- Allow to cool completely (1–2 hours) before slicing.