I love cornbread and I love stuffing… putting my two faves together creates one delicious dressing!
1 Cup self-rising cornmeal
1/2 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine all ingredients and mix well
Pour in a seasoned greased Iron skillet
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown
1 Crumble pan of Cornbread
7 slices oven-dried white
1 sleeve saltine crackers
2 cups chopped celery
1 large onion,Chopped
8 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sage (optional)
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
5 eggs beaten
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine crumbled cornbread, dried white bread slices, and saltines, mix together and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, saute chopped onion and celery in butter till transparent, about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Pour sauteed mixture over cornbread mixture.
5.Add the Chicken stock, mix well, add salt and pepper to taste, and Poultry seasoning and sage.
6. Add beaten eggs and mix together well.
7. Reserve a half a cup of raw dressing for the giblet gravy.
8. Pour mixture into a greased pan and bake until dressing is done, about 45 minutes.